Eyeglasses & Contact Lens Fitting
Many eyeglass lenses are available nowadays not only to give clear vision, but also to provide protection from conditions such as retinal degeneration and cataracts.
- In our clinic, we truly believe that prevention is better than cure.
- We are up to date in offering the latest in lens technology.
- There are lenses that are indicated for certain occupations or lifestyles, and so we make sure to consider all aspects in prescribing the best lens for you.Many eyeglass lenses are available nowadays not only to give clear vision, but also to provide protection from conditions such as retinal degeneration and cataracts.
Contact lenses are medical devices and have to be fitted by licensed eye care doctors.
- Our clinic carries only FDA approved contact lenses that have been backed up by studies ensuring the efficiency and safety of the lenses.
- We use the most recent contact lens material that provides 5 to 7x more oxygen to enter the eye in our contact lens fits. These lenses are great especially in this digital age where so many patients have dry eyes. These new lens materials are also beneficial for those patients with moderate to high prescriptions, as higher prescriptions mean thicker lenses and lesser oxygen passing through regular contact lens material.
- Contact lenses come in dailies, monthlies, frequent replacement and 1 year replacement modality.
- We fit specialty contact lenses for patients with corneal irregularities such as keratoconus, pellucid marginal degeneration and other corneal thinning conditions.
- We also prescribe nearsighted or myopia control contact lenses.
- We also fit prosthetic contact lenses for patients with scarred eyes.